Kenya Vacation Package
Date: March 2020
Price Per Person – Land Arrangements Only
Single $5,090.00/Double $4,055.00
Deposit: To activate the booking 25% per person deposit is required on 9/5/19. Second payment of 25% per person deposit is due on 12/5/19. Final payment due 1/5/20 per person.
After breakfast, a two-hour drive brings you to The Ark. Set in the heart of the Aberdare National Park, iconic and yes, quirky. The Ark overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick, which attracts a host of awesome wildlife. Resembling and named after Noah’s Ark, The Ark comprises of three decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide a superb location for wildlife to be seen.
Picturesque, steep forested ravines and open moorland characterize the Aberdares National Park. The park provides a habitat for elephants, black rhinos, leopards, spotted hyenas, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, buffalos, warthogs and bushbucks among others. Rare sightings include those of the Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat and the blue duiker. Visitors can indulge in picnics, trout fishing in the rivers and camping in the moorlands. Bird viewing is rewarding, with over 250 species of birds in the park, including the Jackson’s Francolin, Sparrow hawks, goshawks, eagles, sunbirds and plovers.
OVERNIGHT: THE ARK MEALS: B/L/D
After breakfast this morning, we drive to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a private game sanctuary situated on the Laikipia Plains near Mount Kenya, arriving in time for lunch at the Sweetwaters Tented Camp. Built on the grounds of a colonial-era farm inside the conservancy itself, Sweetwaters is the perfect base for exploring Ol Pejeta. After settling into your accommodations, set out into the bush for your first game-viewing drive. Later this afternoon, you will tour Sweetwater’s Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the only facility of its kind in Kenya. Upon your return to camp, you can relax on your private verandah overlooking the camp’s water hole, take a dip in the pool, or catalog the day’s haul of wildlife photographs. After dinner, relax by the fire or retire to the wonderful ambiance of your tent. The camp’s luxurious tents all feature comfortable beds, electricity, hot/cold running water, and full in-suite bathroom with shower. Overnight at Sweetwaters Tented Camp.
OVERNIGHT: SWEETWATERS TENTED CAMP MEALS: B/L/D
Enjoy the entire day at leisure in Sweetwaters with morning and afternoon game drives through the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Boasting an incredible density of wildlife within its borders, the conservancy is also home to a host of endangered species. Ol Pejeta is especially known for its populations of black and endangered northern white rhinoceros. We return to camp for dinner and another pleasant evening. All meals are included with overnight at Sweetwaters Tented Camp.
OVERNIGHT: SWEETWATERS TENTED CAMP MEALS: B/L/D
This morning, you may find yourself awakened by the trumpeting of elephants who have come for their morning visit to the water hole. After breakfast, we drive to Lake Nakuru National Park arriving in time for lunch at Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in the park, returning to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Among its wide variety of wildlife, Lake Nakuru is especially famous for its vast flocks of flamingoes. In some months, these birds are so abundant that they seem to form a pink band along the lakeshore. Other notable inhabitants of the park include giraffe, buffalo, waterbuck, lion, and rhinoceros.
OVERNIGHT: LAKE NAKURU SOPA LODGE MEALS: B/L/D
Setting out again after breakfast, we drive across the Great Rift Valley to the Maasai Mara, arriving in time for lunch at Mara Serena Safari Lodge. Set high on a hilltop above the Mara, the lodge is blessed with sweeping views of the savannah below. In the distance you can see the meandering coils of the hippo-filled Mara river. The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is widely considered to be one of Africa’s greatest reserves, where the Maasai community co-exists in harmony with the local fauna. The co-existence of man and wildlife makes this one of the world’s most unique wilderness regions. The Mara is home to a breathtaking array of life. The vast grasslands are teeming with herds of zebra, giraffe, gazelle, and topi. The acacia forests abound with monkeys and bird life. Elephants and buffalo wallow in the wide Musiara Swamp while the Mara and Talek rivers brim with hippos and crocodiles. From July through October, the Mara plays host to one of the greatest spectacles on the planet as millions of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and topi head north from Tanzania into Kenya. Those fortunate enough to witness The Great Migration are treated to spectacular viewing and photographic opportunities. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in this natural paradise, returning to the lodge for dinner, relaxation around the fire pit, and overnight.
OVERNIGHT: MARA SERENA SAFARI LODGE MEALS: B/L/D
Enjoy the entire day exploring the splendors of the Mara with morning and afternoon game-viewing drives, returning to the lodge for lunch and dinner. Overnight again tonight at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge.
OVERNIGHT: MARA SERENA SAFARI LODGE MEALS: B/L/D
We hit the road once again after breakfast for our drive back to Nairobi. Arrive in the afternoon where you will be transferred to the Carnivore Restaurant for a farewell lunch before heading to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where you embark for home. Sadly, the adventure comes to an end, but the memories are forever.
The Carnivore Restaurant is renowned for its variety of exotic meats and famous “dawa” cocktails. A uniquely Kenyan take on the Brazilian churrascaria, an enormous variety of meat is roasted on huge metal spears over a hot coal fire and carved at your table onto piping hot plates. Fresh salads, unusual side dishes, and assorted sauces accompany beef, pork, lamb, goat, sausages, chicken, ostrich, and occasionally crocodile
DAYROOMS: IF NEEDED MEALS:B/L
Safari begins based on a minimum of 06 persons traveling together. A supplemental holiday surcharge of $45 per person per night may apply for travel over Christmas and Easter holidays. Accommodations listed are subject to availability. From the moment you arrive until your departure, we make sure you are free to relax and enjoy your safari!
• Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
• The itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, safety, and local regulations.
• Deposit: TBD per person deposit is required on TBD. Second payment TBD per person deposit is due on TBD.
• None of the services have been requested nor confirmed at this time (unless otherwise indicated). If the selected hotels are not available, we will make our best effort to obtain the next best available hotel in the same city/region. We should have confirmation of the suggested services and facilities and/or suitable alternatives within 48 hours after receiving your deposit, which will be applied to the final payment.
• Final Payment: The balance is due on TBD (or as stated in your invoice – confirmation) prior to the start of your tour. If full final payment has not been received by the due date, Ketour Travel Club, LLC reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice.
• Method of Payment: For your convenience, we accept major credit cards (filling out our Credit Card Authorization Form), and Venmo.
• Meal Codes: B=Breakfast / L=Lunch / D=Dinner. BX= Box Lunch
• All tours and excursions services are SIB shared basis (unless otherwise indicated).
• The price does not include: personal expenses, additional activities, international and local airfares as well as airports departure taxes (unless otherwise indicated), gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, maids, bell and wait staff, beverages, additional entrance fees, Health, Accident, Baggage or Trip Cancellation insurance, and any other service not listed.
• Airfares, if any, booked through Ketour Travel Club, LLC may require immediate ticketing, if so, you will be notified accordingly. In most cases, the airfare charge(s) will appear on your credit card statement as processed by the airline(s) used for your travel arrangements.
• Visas, Passports, and Health Requirements: Guests booking a travel program with Ketour Travel Club, LLC are required to verify, obtain, and fulfill all visa, passport, and health requirements needed to enter the countries included in their itinerary. Ketour Travel Club, LLC is neither liable nor responsible for any guest denied entry onto any transport or into a country as a result of failure of the guest to have correct documentation.
• Cancellations and Refunds: Cancellations will only be accepted in writing. In addition to the suppliers’ fees and/or penalties, if any, the cancellation terms will be applied based on the date when the written cancellation is received, according to the following dates: – Up to 66 days prior to departure date: $200 per person. – 65 to 46 days prior to departure date: 25% of the cost. – 45 to 31 days prior to departure date: 50% of the cost. – Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure date, are non-refundable. – There are no refunds for unused services.
• Amending a booking: If you wish to make any changes after your booking has been confirmed, a change fee of $25.00 per transaction will apply. To amend a booking, please send us your request via email and refer to your confirmation number.
• Travel Protection Plan: Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences. Allianz Travel Insurance plans have been created to suit most any traveler’s coverage needs. For your peace of mind, we strongly suggest you purchase travel insurance. For more information, please visit: TravelInsurance.com or contact us for a personalized quote.
LIABILITIES Ketour Travel Club, LLC. and/or any of its agents will not claim any responsibility for injury, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodations or other services related to the execution of the tour, or through natural calamities and other factors beyond its control. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of any change, without notice. Ketour Travel Club, LLC reserves the right to change any tour if considered necessary to render better service to its clients. Travelers choosing to participate in these vacation programs do so at their own risk. Ketour Travel Club, LLC is not to be held responsible for injuries, damage expenses, and/or costs resulting from accidents or accidental death while participating in these vacation programs. Travelers have been directed to read these disclaimers. Ketour Travel Club, LLC