Two of the best places to travel in 2019 are Botswana and Kenya. Both locations boast beautiful landscape and the Big 5.
Botswana is a land-locked country in the southern part of the African continent border by Zambia and Angola to the north, Zimbabwe to the east, Namibia to the west, and South Africa to the south. Botswana’s topography is predominantly covered by the Kalahari Desert with a flat large semi-arid sandy savanna. In northern Botswana, the landscape is quite different in the Okavango Delta with a vast inland river and extensive grassy plains. Botswana’s climate is hot and dry for much of the year with the rainy season throughout the summer months. Botswana is south of the equator and divided by the Tropic of Capricorn and lies in the eastern and southern hemisphere. Botswana’s main and largest ethnic group are the Tswana who make up to 79% of the population. The official language of Botswana is English, although Setswana is widely spoken across the country.
Kenya lies on Africa’s eastern coast along the Indian ocean and borders Uganda to the west, South Sudan and Ethiopia to the north, Somalia to the east, and Tanzania to the south. Kenya is a low-lying coastal region with coral reefs and islands, the interior middle of the country has mountains running north and south with a dry region covered with savanna and thorn bush. In the high plateau area, it is divided from north to south by the Great Rift Valley. Along the coast the climate is tropical, inland the temperature is arid in the north and northeast parts of the country. The equator runs through Kenya, as a result Kenya lies in the northern and southern hemispheres. The two largest ethnic groups in Kenya are the Bantus and Nilotes, within the Nilote ethnic group are the Maasai who are famous for their distinctive customs and dress. The main language spoken is Swahili, however, the official languages are Swahili and English.
Botswana is a beautiful country to visit and has a large array of things to do such as visiting some of the best known national parks such as:
- Okavango Delta – one of the largest deltas in the world is home to a diverse ecosystem that includes the Big 5
- Chobe National Park – national park known to attract large herds of elephants.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park – attracts a variety of predators
- Makgadigadi Pans – one of the largest salt pan areas in the world and famous for its flamingoes.
Kenya is a beautiful country to visit and has many exciting things to see such as:
- Massa Mara National Park – the great migration occurs every year where you can watch the greatest phenomena on earth
- Giraffe Manor – allows you to experience eating breakfast with a giraffe
- Mount Kenya – climb Africa’s second tallest peak
- Barbour’s Cave Restaurant – set in a natural coral cave with an array of delicious food
- Tsavo National Park – vast herds of dust-red elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser kudu, gerenuk and the prolific bird life feature 500 recorded species
- Lake Nakuru National Park – best place to bird watch
- Diani Beach – one of the many pristine white sand beaches along the Indian ocean
As you can see there are many things to do in both African nations. Go visit Botswana and Kenya to see for yourself.
Visit Ketour Travel’s website (https://ketourtravel.com) read the blogs and updates on current and future trips. Go to https://discover.ketourtravel.com/ to purchase airfare, hotel, transfers, activities and holiday packages. Do not forget to subscribe to the newsletter, follow Ketour on our YouTube channel, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.